Friday, May 4, 2012

Perspective

I got all my courses approved by the Faculty of Arts for my exchange! One step closer to completing the application. Yesterday I was researching English-teaching childrens' camps in Italy, held over the European summer months. Definitely an option to explore for the summer break between semesters if I do get accepted into the University of California. So many options.

Lately I've been feeling extremely stressed by all the paperwork I have to do, all the art I should be making, and all the thesis-writing I should be doing; but today I realized how blind I have been to how great my life is. I missed my bus this morning and was home alone, but instead of throwing myself into work, I just chilled out and walked around the house; taking a moment to breathe for the first time in forever. The sun was shining, the sky was clear, and the air was fresh. Everything was just so beautiful in that moment, unclouded by worries and stresses. Sometimes I think I immerse myself too obsessively and make so many commitments that I get so drained I forget to enjoy what I'm doing. Taking the time to gain perspective is so vital. The abundance of choices in life is a blessing.