Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Conflicting

Rah. Today has been spent in a strange, emotional state. Still in the process of getting together all the supporting documentation before I can complete my application for an exchange to the University of California. Everything is so exciting, and feels so other-worldly; but at the same time I'm terrified. I get so attached to the people I meet, to the point that I feel I have to guard my heart and not meet any more international students here, because I know they will just leave and it will hurt too much. The goodbye of summer was one of the most difficult things ever, and I don't want to go through it again. Everything I've just written sounds like the worries of a silly schoolgirl, but it's the truth. I don't know how I will cope living in another country for a year, meeting so many incredible people, and then having to leave. But I guess that's life - learning to appreciate each moment you have been gifted, but also learning when to move on to the next chapter, the next adventure. So many conflicting emotions.