Friday, January 13, 2012

The Fellowship of the Ring



My sisters and I just watched this film again for the first time in a while. Although it was made over ten years ago, The Lord of the Rings trilogy remain my favourite films of all time. The story, the costumes, the settings; everything is so meticulously crafted. Sometimes it's easy to forget how beautiful New Zealand is, getting so used to the mountains, the trees, the lakes, and beaches; that it takes something like this to remind me of how blessed I am to be here, with all of this untouched nature at my doorstep. One of my friends has gone up to Northland for the weekend, and I'm a little bit upset I can't go with him, but my mum is coming home from Australia so I'm excited to stay home to see her. I just realized, that it was on this day, eight years ago, that I moved from the small Northland town I was born in, to the city I live in now. How life has changed; everything is bigger and faster-paced, makes me wonder where I will be in another eight years. There are so many possibilities, the mystery is all a little confusing.