Saturday, November 24, 2012

Luna Rossa





This morning, before heading in to uni, I chatted with a friend who lives in Germany for over an hour online; was lovely to catch up after not having really talked to him for a year. We talked about travel, food, and language; three of the most wonderful things in the world. I think experience is what creates life; more than possessions or even knowledge, it is experiencing things, no matter how big or small, how seemingly monumental or trivial, that is important. It is about moments.

As the bus drove over the Harbour Bridge, the sun reflected off the 72-foot Prada Luna Rossa catamaran, the Italian flag waving in the breeze, the ocean glittering. At the time, I had no idea what the beautiful catamaran was here in Auckland for; but I just read that it is one of the yachts that will be in the America's Cup 2013 race. The Italians plan to stay in New Zealand until March, heading to the Louis Vuitton Cup challengers' race in June, in San Francisco. The winner of that will compete against the Oracle, current holders of the America's Cup. Sometimes I wish I had kept up sailing, it looks like so much fun.

Photos from Vogue