Saturday, April 14, 2012

Robert Doisneau


Le baiser de l'hôtel de ville
1950

It is the 100th birthday of one of my favourite photographers of all time, Robert Doisneau, and Google is honouring his legacy. Doisneau was French, and is most famous for Le baiser de l'hôtel de ville, but has also documented through his photography, the streets of Paris.

'We must always remember that a picture is also made up of the person who looks at it. This is very, very important. Maybe this is the reason behind those pictures that haunt me and that haunt many people as well. It is about that walk that one takes with the picture when experiencing it. I think that this is what counts. One must let the viewer extricate himself, free himself for the journey. You offer the seed and then the viewer grows it inside himself. For a long time I thought that I had to give the entire story to my audience. I was wrong.'

Les tabliers de la rue de Rivoli

Le cadran scolaire
1956

Bois Bouloigne


Ecoliers Wangenbourg
1945

Kremlin Bicêtre
1945

L’aéroplane de Papa
1934

La cour des Invalides sous la neige
1970

La dactylo du Vert Galant
1947

La diagonale des marches
1953

Le nez au carreau
1953

Les petits enfants au lait
1934

Trois petits enfants blancs
1971