Monday, January 21, 2013

Blues

I have been in Santa Barbara for exactly one week, and have been kept very busy up until today, with readings and study to be done, meeting lots of new people, getting things organised, going to parties, and  hiking. I'm sitting inside my dorm with my roommates, talking about boys and clothes, sipping strawberry wine. I was looking through old photos of home when I get an email from a really good friend who lives far away. Someone who understands what it is like to live away from home, to feel like everything is new and exciting, but also that there must come a time when the travelling, bohemian lifestyle, and dreaming must change; because there are responsibilities that we have to keep.

I love and adore being here so much; and am so grateful for this opportunity, but this is the first time I have felt truly homesick, I'm tired, I miss him so much, and all I can do is sit here and cry. Maybe it is goodbye, I really don't know.

But tomorrow is a new day, and for that I am excited.